If you’re longing for a life of adventure but don’t know how to get started, Wishlist has you covered. Here’s our complete guide to simple ways you can be more adventurous. Take a look:
In honor of Valentine’s Day we have just added some brand new Wishlist experiences you’re sure to love. Keep reading below to find out how you can take your adventurous side for a spin in 2015.
Follow the call of the wild with a half-day guided fly fishing trip. Run from end to end of the Yampa river with reel and rod in hand. This trip will teach you everything you need to know, from how to tie a fly to proper catch-and-release technique. This is the perfect way to spend the day outside in that Colorado sunshine.
Boulder, Boulder Mountain Lodge
Escape to Front Range for an idyllic weekend away at the Boulder Mountain Lodge. Settle in to your rustic room before taking to the slopes for a day at Eldora Ski Resort. This is escape, or charming getaway, combines relaxation with adventure.
Enjoy three days on the water as you travel down a 26-mile stretch of the Colorado or Gunnison River in a canoe. This spectacular trip through varied rapids, and breathtaking scenery, will let you experience the outdoors in all its glory. Both trips are for two people, so find a friend, and settle in for an adventure you won’t forget.
What adventures are you embarking on during 2015? Let us know by commenting below or on our facebook page. As always stay up to date with all Wishlist news by signing up for our newsletter and following our blog.
Make the most of your week by enjoying any of these exciting adventures across the state. This week’s featured Wishlist is Hot Air Ballooning, which will allow you to see Colorado from soaring heights. Make sure to check out all of our Wishlist opportunities so you can enjoy this summer the Colorado way. Stay up to date, and receive our Weekly Wishlist Forecasts by signing up for our newsletter or by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Alma – Festival in the Clouds, July 19-20
- Aspen – Aspen Valley Marathon/Half Marathon/5k Race, July 19, Basalt
- Buena Vista/Salida – Zebulon Pike, July 19, 2014
- Copper Mountain – Courage Classic, July 19-21, 2014
- Crested Butte/Gunnison- Gunny Grass Bluegrass Music Festival, July 19-20, 2014, I Bar Ranch
- Crested Butte/Gunnison- Yogapalooza, July 19-20, 2014, Rockin JC Ranch, Gunnison
- Dillon – Dillon Arts Festival,July 18-20, 2014
- Dillon – Sunset at the Summit Concert Series, July 19
- Fort Collins – The 16th Annual Longmont Jazz Festival, July 19, 2014
- Grand Junction – Mesa County Fair, July 15 – 19, 2014
- Keystone – Keystone Wine and Jazz Festival, July 18-20, 2014
- Leadville – The Wild Flower Special train ride, The Leadville Colorado Southern Railroad, July 19, 26, August 2, 2014
- Pagosa Springs – Renaissance and Pirate Festival, July 18-20, 2014
- Snowmass – Thursday Night Concert – Fanny Hill Hot Buttered Rum, July 17
- Snowmass – Deaf Camp Picnic, July 17-19, 2014
- Telluride – Americana Music Fest & Songwriter Showcase, July 16-19, 2014, \
- Winter Park- Jazz Festival, July 19 – 20, 2014
Celebrate a perfect Colorado summer with a whitewater rafting excursion. Colorado is well known for its varying rivers, many with rapids and most, ideal for a day of rafting. Below we’ve listed our favorite whitewater rafting spots around Colorado. As always we love to hear from you all, so if you have a favorite place not included on our list be sure to share by commenting below or on our facebook page.
This steep, narrow and challenging river is located just 25 miles west of Denver, with nearly continuous class III and class IV whitewater action. The unending rapids make this a river designed more for the experienced rafter, although classes are offered for beginners and advanced rafters alike. Enjoy a truly exhilarating experience, not even an hour outside Denver.
Although Buena Vista is a longer drive, your time in the car will be well worth it when you reach the stunning, picturesque scenery of Browns Canyon. Enjoy a half-day of rafting, venturing 10 miles down the river. Afterwards, spend the remainder of your day at the Browns Canyon Adventure, which includes thrilling, family friendly features like the Big Drop Swing, where you can soar well past the canyon rim and enjoy the breathtaking scenery.
For the less experienced rafter, Bighorn Sheep Canyon on the Arkansas River provides mellow, manageable rapids. With the mixture of whitewater, class II and class III rapids, and calm waters, this is an ideal adventure for a family or group of friends. Spend the day soaking up the sun, while meandering through the San Isabel National Forest’s will you will be astounded by its unequalled beauty and extensive wildlife.
Durango is home to the Lower Animas River, one of Colorado’s most iconic rafting rivers. Experience class II and class II rapids on a two-hour rafting adventure through this unbeatable landscape. Although Durango is a little further away than our other favorite rafting spots, the area has incomparable beauty and is the perfect place to take a weekend getaway. Be sure to take a look at our Exploring Colorado: Durango post, to see what else you can do while visiting Southern Colorado.
Experience a perfect summer day in Colorado with a rafting trip on one of the many rivers in the state. Be sure to stay up to date with all Wishlist by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.