On the banks of The Poudre River, rests the idyllic town of LaPorte. Famed for its scenic landscape and friendly locals, LaPorte is certainly one of Colorado’s best-kept secrets. If you are lucky enough to find yourself in this tiny Colorado town we’ve prepared for you a list of the top five things to do while you’re there.
- Ten Bears Winery: Spend the day with three of your closest friends or family members, while touring one of Colorado’s finest Wineries. At the Ten Bears Winery you will have the opportunity to engage in an exclusive wine tasting class where you will learn various tips about tasting and making wine. Leave with your stomachs full on hor d’oeurvres and cheese and of course wine.
- Vern’s Place: When you grow weary from your endless adventures and find yourself in need of a simple yet delectable meal, you should make a point to visit Vern’s Place. Open for breakfast and lunch, this local favorite offers famous cinnamon buns nearly a foot in diameter that are sure to fill your stomach.
- Poudre River: Enjoy a day in the Colorado sunshine on one of the State’s most highly regarded rivers. The Poudre River offers a range of activities from fly-fishing to tubing. It is a sweet retreat for those of us who are stuck inside the confines of the city during the week.
- Miller Farms: LaPorte is famous for its farm-to-table restaurants as well as its proximity to the mountains. If you’re interested in the former, visiting Miller Farms is a perfect outing. Tour the farm and the greenhouse and enjoy a collection of fresh vegetables. It is a fun activity for a group or family and is a new and fun way to spend an afternoon.
- The Holiday Twin Drive-in: Just a swift 10-minute ride outside of LaPorte the Holiday Twin Drive-in allows you to enjoy fresh mountain air while viewing box office movies.
As always, we are very interested in hearing about your Colorado adventures. Share your stories and photos with us by commenting below and watch for their appearance on our blog or Facebook. If you’re interested in learning more about various Colorado towns, both big and small, sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date with all our latest posts.